Boden

Friday, March 20, 2009

Woman Returns $80K to East Andrews Bar

When Deanna Hamilton stopped in for a glass of wine at East Andrews earlier this month, she was surprised to be richer as a result. A bartender charged the wrong amount on her debit card and accidentally credited back $80,000 to her account instead of $8. She immediately contacted the bar when she discovered the extra money in her bank account. As a thank you for being an honest customer, the bar is holding a thank you party tonight for Deanna and 100 of her friends.

"I logged into my bank account and saw $80,000 had just been deposited," says East Andrews customer Deanna Hamilton. "I thought my computer was playing tricks on me, so I logged off and reviewed my bank account on another computer." Hamilton continues, "When I still saw the deposit, I thought I'd won a drawing or something, but then I scrolled down and saw the money was from East Andrews. Then, I knew it was some kind of error, so I called to report it."

"We are sincerely grateful to Deanna for reporting the accounting error, which is why we're thanking her with a party in her honor," says East Andrews President Steve de Haan.

-----
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page
www.georgiafrontpage.com
Georgia Front Page

No comments: